Northport (Malaysia) Bhd (Northport), a Member of MMC Group, is one of the largest multi-purpose ports of its kind in the national ports system offering dedicated facilities and services to handle wide variety of cargoes ranging from containers to cars, break bulk cargoes as well as capacity to handle liquid and dry bulk cargoes of all types and shipment sizes. Its facilities are located at two locations in Northport, Southpoint for conventional cargo handling and in Northport where state-of-the-art container handling facilities are located. Northport logistics further adds value to the business entity.
With a historical tradition dating back to more than 100 years, Northport plays an important role in the development of the Malaysian economy and in its global outreach in the country's burgeoning international trade.
Northport offers viable solutions to shippers with its superior state-of-the-art facilities, including a real-time smart information application system designed to guarantee operational and cost efficiency to sustain speedy delivery and vessel turnaround time.
Seizing the opportunities in the expansion of trade fostered by the trend towards globalisation and trade liberalisation, Northport has moved up the value chain by broadening its product base, including through 'logistical integration' and increasing its attractiveness to a wider range shippers and shipping lines.
One of the main factors for the success of Northport is its dedicated and experienced workforce, also known as TeamNorthport. Their invaluable experience and training have been able to render excellent services with full commitment to the satisfaction of Northport’s customers.
Over the years, Northport has received several awards for its commendable performance, including:
• Malaysia’s Best Seaport through the Outstanding Performance Award under Port category by the Ministry of Transport Malaysia for two consecutive years, in conjunction with the Malaysia World Maritime Week 2016 and 2017,
• Best Container Terminal Under 4mil TEUs by Cargonews Asia for two consecutive years at the Asian Freight & Supply Chain Awards 2009 and 2010,
• Multi-Purpose Terminal Operator of The Year (Asia Pacific) by Frost & Sullivan in 2009,
• Best Employer of Choice 2012 – Silver Category by Malaysian Institute Of Human Resource Management,
• Major Employer - Services Sector category by the Ministry of Human Resources at the Human Resources Development Berhad Award 2009, and
• Best Brands in Logistics Ports Award by The Brand Laureate in 2008, just to name a few.
• These achievements have helped to enhance Northport’s reputation as Malaysia’s Preferred Gateway Port.